Saturday, December 12, 2009

Xmas with the Swedes and going back to the hospital


Last Saturday we celebrated St Lucia and swedish christmas.
The day started with Heidi serving gingerbread cookies in bed dressed as St Lucia. So cute!! The swedes and Heidi even sang the traditional St Lucia songs! You could really tell that Heidi was very focused, proud and felt very pretty when she walked into our bedroom with the tray of cookies and wearing the 'crown' and white gown. My mum had even organised a gown for little Chloe to wear but she was sleeping so she'll participate next year :)
Later that afternoon we cooked up a proper swedish smorgasboard of traditional christmas foods: meatballs, herring, janssons temptation, christmas ham and some other yummy things AND of course the christmas snaps. Unfortunatly I couldn't have any this year... nursing... bummer...

Then Santa came with the presents!!! Heidi was a bit nervious at first but then she helped Santa hand out the presents. She loved it!! It was really great to celebrate christmas surrounded by family this year. Really special!

And now for the 'drama of the week' segment instead of 'tantrum of the week'.
On Thursday I had to have emergency surgery - an umbilical hernia repair.
Basically when my bellybutton popped out when I was pregnant with Chloe it resulted in a tair in the abdominal tissue and now it had started to cause all sorts of problems and it had to be fixed. When I woke up after the surgery I was in a lot more pain than after the cesarean. Super painful! I had to stay over night in the hospital and now I have to take it easy and I can't lift anything or start exercising for 6 weeks! Very annoying but it had to be fixed.... Hopefully 2010 will be a 'smoother' year without any medical dramas, pregnancies, house deals, new jobs and new work visas....






Bye for now!!
Bisou
The recovering Drouins

Ps. Seems like 'Fidel Castro' likes to have his picture taken with Santa more than the kids do :))



3 comments:

Moa said...

is that at Innaloo, the santa picture I mean :) and I was looking at that lucia crown online the other week. Was thinking of trying to make one, but haven't gotten around to it, think I'll be making a midsummer one before :)

Team Drouin said...

Yep in Innaloo :) The kids weren't all too into it unfort...

Maria said...

Great with a update - lovely pictures!