Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baptism at St Kierans Catholic church and other stuff

A few weeks ago we baptised the girls at St Kierans Catholic church. To Heidis godparents in Sweden and Spain - you are still Heidis godparents. The girls will just have an additional set of godparents. The more the merrier!
It was a sunny, beautiful day and I was very nervious. Catholisism is not my faith and I had no idea what to expect... and given that Heidi was getting baptised too and everyone knows that it's close to impossible to get a 2 year old to sit down for more than 5 minutes... and yes, I was right - Heidi ran around the church through out the ceremony and did not want the priest to pick her up or even look at her... She went a bit bananas....

Over all it went ok and the lovely godparents Nola, John and Shevoun did a great job and both kids got baptised in the end.

Chloe has started eating solid food now and I swear this is the worst stage in their development. The pureed food just goes everywhere!! Today we tried a bit of pureed pumpkin and Chloe decided it would be great to blow bubbles with it and so she did and we had pumpkin puree all over her, me and the entire kitchen. Lovely!

Heidi speaks more and more and the other day she just started to count to 10 in english, followed by doing the same in french. I must admit, I havent practiced counting all too much so I was a bit surprised. Sad to say she learned it watching tv.
Heidi repeats everything you say now so it's important to watch your language around her so she doesn't pick up anything she shouldn't. :)
We are trying to teach Heidi to be polite and she knows she has to say please and thank you. She also knows to say 'excuse me' but it comes out as 'excuuuufeeeeee'. Very cute!

Bisou from Perth
xx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Frida,
Thank you for the blog.....finally you did it.....thank you very much, we looooove to read you.

Bisous,
Diane